CAN VENEERS SOLVE MY DENTAL ISSUES?
13th June 2021
Crooked or misaligned teeth can make a person feel the lack of confidence, this hampers a person from fully able to express their smile and happiness. By applying a veneer treatment, it can drastically improve one's smile. Veneers are custom-made thin "shells" that fit over your existing tooth. They are typically made of porcelain and bonded to the front of your tooth, masking the look of chipped, gapped, discolored, or otherwise irregular teeth.
HOW CAN VENEERS HELP MY DENTAL ISSUE?
If you want to improve your smile, dental veneers are a simple option. Veneers are thin coverings that are placed over the front part of the tooth which look like natural teeth. Veneers can be used to correct a wide range of dental issues, such as;
- Teeth that are stained and cannot be whitened by conventional bleaching.
- Chipped or worn teeth.
- Crooked or misshapen teeth.
- Uneven spaces or a gap between teeth.
Veneers are made of either porcelain or composite resin material. Composite resin cost less than porcelain while ceramic or ceramic porcelain cost almost as much. The benefit of ceramic is that it combines the best of two worlds in terms of toughness and cost-effectiveness. Resin veneers last half as long as porcelain to match their value.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE GETTING VENEERS
- Your teeth and gums must be healthy before you get veneers. Your dentist can treat any disease or decay before your veneers are placed.
- Veneers are not always a good choice for patients who clench or grind their teeth, because the thin veneers may chip or break. If you clench or grind your teeth, our Q & M dentist may suggest wearing a plastic dental night guard while sleeping.
- Although our dentist removes as little tooth enamel as possible for veneers, the process cannot be undone once the enamel is removed.
- It is possible for veneers to come loose over time. In that case, new ones might be needed.
HOW DO I CHOOSE BETWEEN VENEERS OR BRACES?
In basic terms, veneers are considered cosmetic and braces are considered structural. Braces can fix anatomical misalignment or problems like an overbite, under bite, and cross bite, among others. Veneers are used to fix cosmetic problems like discoloration, chips, stains, or small gaps between your teeth. They are attached to the front of your tooth and don’t require much maintenance aside from normal oral hygiene practices. The best treatment for your teeth will come down to the degree of misalignment. Veneers can be an alternative to braces in mild cases or those who simply want a cosmetic change. Braces or 'Invisalign' may be better suited for moderate to severe misalignment or structural problems. If you are not sure which is right for you, our dentist at Q & M can help you evaluate all available options. In summary, veneers are your best bet for great quality in terms of glossy aesthetics and functional durability of 5 to 15 years. It really is the non-biological equivalent of healthy, polished teeth. Visit our page at Aesthetic Dentistry to know more on how you can schedule a visit with us.
Disclaimer : All information provided is based on best practices and knowledge. There is no guarantee in any of the statement as provided.